It’s Time to Write, Publish and Grow
This week seems to have been a big one for a lot of us, but the business is where we can make it all happen.
BUT BIG NEWS: I have finally launched a free email newsletter, dedicated to helping writers make more money by improving their art.
And with that said, here’s a sneak peek at what’s inside the first issue.
Write. Publish. Grow — ISSUE #1 Sneak Peak
I’ve spoken to a range of niche content creators and digital gurus this week, covering off discussions on perfectionism, discomfort and empowerment.
How are you using these three elements to achieve your biggest goals? Read on to find out how to combine these three elements into a powerful mindset.
PRO TIP: How to Succeed Through Discomfort
I promise you — living in discomfort doesn’t have to be scary. It can actually be your biggest avenue to accomplish your biggest and wildest dreams.
Remember that nothing worth striving for comes by sitting still; discomfort often brings about opportunities that we didn’t expect.
Use that as fuel in your everyday work.
- Accept: Start by acknowledging the sense of discomfort.
- Persevere: Unless there is no advantage at play, remain in the discomfort.
- Fake it: Sometimes the old saying “Fake it ‘till you make it” really does ring true.
- Acknowledge the bad: Life isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. Sometimes, life just sucks. Deal with it.
- Find your community: A like-minded circle of friends can be a powerful tool.
- Journal: Anyone who reads my work will know I’m a huge advocate of journaling. Grab a pen and paper — or your laptop — and record your progress. Alternatively, use a commonplace book. Note down wins, hiccups, thoughts, and observations. Reflection is important and your journal will be the Holy Bible for this.
- Celebrate: When you achieve a win, celebrate it in whatever way works best for you. G&T, vodka, tequila, a mocktail — whatever floats your boat.
Read my full guide on nailing discomfort here:
What I Can’t Get Enough Of
Add these reads to your list — they helped me deliver huge loads of work this week for my clients and finally create this first issue. They can help you do the same.
Twitter Revue: Email Newsletters? What You Need to Know : Social Media Examiner
Naomi Nakashima / / Want to turn your Twitter followers into email newsletter subscribers? Have you heard of Revue? In…
Want to turn Twitter followers into email newsletter subscribers? Learn how to use Twitter Revue to create email newsletters your followers can subscribe to.
Want to make money writing about what you love? Join the Medium writing club. This channel is a place for beginners…
Zulie Rane is a Medium mastermind, so if you’re looking to get into writing for this hugely influential platform, she gives you the best initial steps to take.